- 12 pieces string cheese
- 12 egg roll wrappers
- Oil for deep-fat frying (such as canola or vegetable)
- Marinara or spaghetti sauce for dipping
- Place a piece of string cheese near the bottom corner of one egg roll wrapper. Fold bottom corner over cheese. Roll up halfway; fold sides toward center over cheese. Moisten remaining corner with water; roll up tightly to seal. Repeat with remaining wrappers and cheese.
- Place 1/2″-1″ of oil in a skillet and heat over medium. You’ll start to see it sort of ‘wrinkle’ when it gets hot enough. (Note…when frying, don’t get impatient! If you heat the oil too quickly at too high of a temp., it will just start smoking and be a total mess!)
- Fry sticks, a few at a time, for 30-60 seconds on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve with marinara sauce. Yield: 1 dozen.
Recipe source: http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Mozzarella-Sticks-2